Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Thing: Valentine's Day!

Well - here it is again - Valentine's Day. I have a love-don't love ("hate" is such a strong word) relationship with this day. I usually feel that it's nothing special...until the day before...then I get all cupid-y and conversation heart-y and go nuts buying cheesy Valentine cards, balloons, flowers, candy...the whole shebang. Sound familiar? Amazing what a little marketing can do!

Anyhow - my big plan is to prepare a special meal for 3...me, my hubby, and our almost-3-year-old son. Here's what I'm cooking up:
P.S. We're vegetarian.

Cocktail:
Peach Bellini with Sugared Rim & Strawberry Garnish

Appetizer:
Caprese Salad

Main Course:
Homemade Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter & Spiced, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

Roasted Asparagus

Rosemary Ciabatta with Herb Butter

Dessert (A.K.A. "my favorite dish"):
Molten Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Homemade Caramel Sauce

Mouth watering yet? Mine is!


Spread the love around - it's Valentine's Day!!



No comments: